Monday, September 20, 2010

Summer!! Don't go yet!

I went shopping this weekend and all I saw was yellow and orange colors. I see the word harvest, Halloween, Autumn everywhere. Now don't get me wrong, I really do love this time of year. Halloween is my favorite "holiday".

I just don't think I am ready to let go of summer just yet. I refuse! Laredo is usually summer like at least until the end of September. I need a tan. I was still a bit hopeful I could go to the beach. :( I've been going to the gym every other day and for what? These days only bring fatness to people. Candy, cupcakes, pies, hot chocolate, lattes and cappuccinos. FATNESS!

Sigh. It's been raining for days. I just needed Saturday or Sunday to tan. I hope next weekend I can catch some sun.

On the upside of all of this, I can't wait to bake stuff. This is the time I make TONS of food. I follow Paula Dean on twitter and she posted a link with a bunch of apple recipes. There's an apple cake with my name on it. Also, I am curious about a cinnamon apple meatloaf. I'm not too sure if I like the idea or not.

Next weekend is my sister's birthday. Well, her birthday is Thursday but she's having a party this weekend. I hope she tells her friends not to take kids. If kids go, I won't last long there. I love my sister but last time I went to a party of hers, it was a Xmas party and OMG the kids that went were HORRIBLE children. I don't think the parents know about a little something called education. They wrote on her walls, the broke some cds, they were making too much noise, like animals. I can't stand spoiled and bad behaved children. Some people should just not be allowed to breed. Anyway, I'm going to her party and hopefully it's just for adults. We'll see.

It's raining again. Pouring actually. I love it but I hope I can get just a couple of hours of sun next weekend. Then it can rain again. And then I'll welcome harvest with open arms. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment