Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Slow day

I really don't have many options here at work to entertain myself. Almost everything cool is blocked. Thankfully, I have my blog to entertain me.

Fuck. My mind is blank. This is not going to be a good blog. I'm just ranting.

So I'm seriously thinking of going back to school. So is half of the country, I know. I need to plan it carefully though. X says he will carry me but I just don't know... I have always depended on myself.

**Sidebar**Ugh, this thing doesn't automatically correct mispelled words, I'm so spoiled. Which is funny because I just said I'm independent. Apparently not when it comes to blogging. I'm a slave to auto corrections. On the other hand, auto correction programs put shit in your sentences that don't even make sense. So, you have to double check anyway. I still depend on it though. I know, I'm lame. **

Going back to the school thing. I even thought about those stupid trainings, but they just always felt like they were a big fraud. Now that I work where I work, I KNOW they are. (Yes Issac, I know you always said it). People finish the "training", get their certification and then they soon realize that they owe the "school" like 10k, even though they applied for financial aid. In the middle of it, you realize that what you got was a loan. For what? a certificate? You might as well get an associates if you're willing to get into debt that much. Because you can get it in less time? It's a bunch of shit. Just don't do it. Invest your time in regular college, even if it takes longer. This place does help financially with those trainings. But even then, you finish and they STILL won't hire you bc there's not that much demand. Not only that, but apparently they don't even train you correctly. I heard a story about this doctor who hired a phlebotomist who was finacially assisted by our company and the guy called very dissapointed because the girl had no clue as to how to go about drawing blood. WTF??? That's just crazy. What the hell did she spend her time in while in school? Sigh.
So college it is. I don't know when. I'm sure it will be as soon as Rob leaves for college himself. Everything will change, I know it. First off, I'm probably going to freak out when Rob leaves. As much as I have prepared myself mentally, I am pretty sure I'm gonna need pills for the transition. On the positive side, he seems very excited. He already has a group of friends that are also going to College Station and they are looking for a place. He's gonna suffer, but he'll figure it out. Secondly, we will most likely move from that apartment to a smaller place since I will probably need to downgrade to a part time job. I'm used to my nice apartment, but fuck it, sacrifices need to be made and a few years later, I'm confident that we will have an even nicer place.

I really need this. I know I am very experienced in almost every administrative and management field out there, but nobody gives me the credit I deserve. So I am getting MY credit and shoving it up their asses. If not in this rotting town, then in another one. And it's not just that, I want this. I feel incomplete without it and I've been procrastinating about it too long already. I'm doing this.

I kind of feel like I finally have a plan. I've always just done whatever I felt like doing and gotten away with it. Mostly because I am not an evil person. I've been selfish most of my life but for the most part, I have only been sorry a handful of times. I believe that you can be selfless when it really counts, but you don't have to be all the time. And if you don't think and do for yourself in this life, nobody else will.

Barely 4 PM huh? Damn it. I was hoping it was closer to 5. This blog is too long already though. I'll write another one if it gets boring again.

No comments:

Post a Comment