Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Day off after a big storm

My yard is complete garbage today.  
So, hurricane Harold touched ground yesterday in SPI, pretty much the Gulf in South Texas.  That means Laredo got a bit of it.  It rained for about 5 hours straight.  The trash bin was empty from trash but the lid was open, I kid you not it was half way full from rain water.  2 to 3 inches my ass.  My pool got destroyed.  It looks like a chocolate pond out of a Willy Wonka movie.  I've been doing back washes and treating it.  I've cleaned it before when it's like this and it does take a few days, but hopefully the pool ppl come today and help out.  I'm sure about half of the dirt that was in there is gone but there's still a lot.  But there's progress, I can already see the first step.  
So I started this about 4 hours ago and got busy grocery shopping and then putting stuff away.
Update on the pool.  The pool guy was here and told me to never turn on the pump when I'm trying to clean out dirt and debris.  That I need to let it settle to the ground so it can be extracted better, which makes a lot of sense.  The other pool ppl I had told me the opposite!!!  I feel like I have wasted precious time cleaning the pool.  Ugh.  Let's see if it settles enough for tomorrow.
Oh and I feel like crap.  I am feeling fatigued.  I'm wondering if it's allergies or if I caught something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment