Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkins and joy

I have really been enjoying my time with X lately.  Not that we never do, but usually we hang out with friends when we don't have the kids. For 2 weekends in a row we have just been acting like newlyweds.  This past weekend we went to the movies on Friday then we had dinner.  I don't think we've ever done dinner and a movie kinda date before.  I like the movies but I hate opening day.  I don't like that many people around me when I'm trying to watch a movie.  I like to wait a few weeks after it opens, but most times I wait too long and by the time I'm ready, the movie is gone.  This weekend we finally went to watch Devil.  I liked it and I liked the fact that there were only 3 other people and no children.

Then we went to dinner.  I don't understand the whole dinner and a movie in that order.  I say it should be a movie and dinner.  First off I would probably fall asleep after having dinner and most likely drinks, then going to the theater.  Full stomach in a cool dark place?  Yeah, nap time for sure.  If you watch the movie before dinner, you have at least that one topic of conversation.  It's later in the evening so you can have your drinks and a light dinner.  We went to a 5.45 pm show, right after work on Friday.  We were out by 7 pm.  Just in time for dinner.

First we went to Hayashi.  I was looking forward to some entertainment, a few drinks and just a good ol time.  They sit us down in an empty hibachi table.  I'm thinking oh dear lord, it's never gonna fill up.  Who knows how long we'll be here.  Well we were not alone for long.  A family of like 8 showed up with 2 kids and what looked like a 3 year old asleep in the dads arms.  HA!  Thanks but no thanks.  I told X, sorry dood, we gotta go.  That's probably the con in going to a restaurant that early.  Kids eat early.  So off we go to Red Lobster. I wanted fish or shrimp, which is why I chose Hayashi to begin with.  Red Lobster was nice.  Not a lot of people, room in the bar area and a championship baseball game on.  Perfect.  By the way, I have to say that X is the most patient man I've ever met.  He always lets me choose the restaurant, even when I don't want to, because he knows that as a woman I'm "special", whatever that means.  I'd like him to choose every now and then but he says he's happy going to Whataburger or Pizza Hut.  So when I choose a burger, pizza or wing place, I mostly do it for him.  I like it too, but I know it makes him happy.
** Sidebar - X just asked me what I was doing right now.  He looks over my shoulder and sees that I'm blogging.  He's like: "What you blogging about?"  I told him that it was about our weekend.  Not the greatest topic to some I know, but I'm getting tired of going to my blog and seeing tits.  I needed something to push it down.  He thought that was funny.  I guess you had to be here.  :p


Saturday we did nothing but watch movies and play WoW.  We went shopping for pumpkins and window decorations for our little patio.   We did some dancing with the a Wii game called Just Dance 2.  You don't need to go to the gym.  You wanna break into a sweat and have fun doing it, get that game, I highly recommend it.  In fact you look forward to doing it again the next day.  It is the best exercise.  We were exhausted.  After a nice shower, I made a pasta with meat sauce and  we ended up watching Star Trek, which X had never seen.  I saw some parts at a friend's house, but didn't pay too much attention.  I really liked it.  Didn't think I would, but the nerd in me approved it and gave it 4 stars out of 5.

Sunday, after we woke up I fixed my fantasy football team because it was a damn mess.  Half my players are hurt and half of those are can't cut.  Annoying.  So then we started carving the pumpkins.  Got the seeds out, gutted it, then took some meat out which I do intend to use for some pastry.  This made the walls of the pumpkin thinner and the carving a lot easier.  Well, be careful with that.  This town is so damn hot all the time so pumpkins outside all day long.  NOT a good idea.  Then, the thinner the walls of the pumpkin are the sooner it will shrink.  I might carve a couple of more this weekend as my pumpkins will be non existent by Halloween.

This is how our pumpkins looked that night.  The first one is the one I carved and the second one is the one X did.





This is how they look tonight and it's barely Tuesday night....


They got old!!  LOL.  I still think they look bad ass.  I guess, I'll put them inside during the day so they don't completely disappear by Sunday.  The little ones were done by the kids.  They're fine, as they were only painted on and not gutted.  I'm sure I can use their meat as well when the holiday is over.

I was sad to see the weekend go.  As Sunday night nears, I get sad because I remember that I have to go to work the next day and really, who likes to go to work?  I love my home, my boyfriend, my son, my family and my pals.  Then again, work makes me never take for granted my weekends.  So I guess it's not so bad.  I need it to be able to enjoy what I have now and a little more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment