Monday, October 23, 2023

High school band and color guard

 So this is a new topic for me.  Although I have been married to a man that is a band, drummer, DCI enthusiast and fan, I have never really been that interested.

This past saturday my sister invited me to go support my niece as her school was going to perform and she was going to be a participant as part of the dance group.  I was not expecting much to be honest.  But I was pleasantly surprised.

I remember maybe seeing a couple of these events back when I was younger.  They bored me so much or I expected too much and thought they were subpar.  Well things have changed.  These kids have really stepped it up a few notches.  I was very impressed.  I loved the way my husband and my sister were connecting on this subject.  Like they were really into it.

Anyway.  My niece's school did make it to state.  So I am very proud of her and all her team.  I couldnt find their performance but I will leave the ones that won that night.  Which I also loved.  Ever since they came out and I saw the art, I said, they need to win.  Very good and beautiful performance.  Also because they added the theme to one of my favorite shows of all time.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment