Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Feeling old

Not myself today.  I have allergies or something.  Just a little puffy and weak.  Not looking forward to lunch either.  I just want to go to sleep.

Speaking of feeling decrepit and old.  I went out this weekend with some old friends.  We went "clubbing".  Oh dear God, I thought I could handle it.  I could not.

I dont understand how some people do it at my age.  Cocaine maybe?  I think my mistake was not getting drunk b4 getting there.  But I don't like getting drunk anymore.  I like to drink and enjoy a good buzz.  Once it starts getting to the drunk phase I have to stop.  But anyway... I think it's this city.  I've been to nice clubs at Austin where they play the same kind of music and it doesn't annoy me.  Here it's just too damn loud, they are truly doing it wrong in that department.  The surroundings are pretty and unreal in a way.  Never mind the young hotties that hang out there showing waaaay too much skin for the month of January and the papparazzi thing they like to do over and over and over and over and over.  Theres also cougars, way older than me dressed even sluttier than the young ones and just having a great time dancing and prancing like idiots.  Such a fantastic atmosphere.  Almost like they really think they're hollywood celebs overindulging in their self love.  Don't get me wrong.  I like to look good and takes pics every now and then of myself.  But that was just way too much.  Maybe it's me.  I'm the one with the problem.  Or it's just not for me.  Not here anyway.  To make matters worse, I couldnt even get a buzz bc the drinks there were kinda weak.  It was nice to see my old friends, but that's all I did, see them.  I wouldve wanted to talk to my friend who I hadn't really hung out with in ages and that place just ruined it.  :(  Oh well, she'll be here till march.

I really believe I've outgrown this town.  I need more things.  Different activities, places, sounds and foods.  I guess I am the problem.  I'm bored with this city.  There's no variety.  It's the same shit over and over.  I'm tired of accordions all over town.  That's all you hear.  I cant even appreciate a good german polka or a zydeco tune without cringing a little.  I would appreciate even the mexican accordion music, but I can't because that's all there is.  And when you try to run away to a decent club, you encounter different music, but it's too loud.

I'm old, but that's ok, I can totally live with it.  I can still have fun, but my way.  I shall avoid these insane clubs from now on.  Unless the music is low enough for conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment